This has happened with all of us. Many a time we all have lost our important pictures and videos. They were some of the important moments in our life that we never used to get back. Not anymore! We’ve found a tool that helps you find missing pictures and videos on your computer almost instantly. The purpose of this review is to elaborate on ThePhotoStick OMNI and how having it on hand can promote convenience and time-efficiency, all while protecting memories that signify our experiences on Earth. Let’s start by covering the fundamentals:
The PhotoStick Omni – It offers easy and secure backup of all your photos and videos on your phone and computer. And all this in just a few minutes. iXwallet has created this complete guide that covers everything which will help you understand What is ThePhotoStick Omni? and How does Photostick Omni work?
One individual who was aggravated by his inability to retrace his pictures decided he had to do something to prevent it from happening again. Founder Mark Oman is responsible for the ultimate memory protector device, ThePhotoStick OMNI.
What is ThePhotoStick Omni?
ThePhotoStick OMNI is a portable USB-like storage device with a powerful program that finds, downloads, and safely secures photos and videos on any device with just a click.
It works by automatically extracting and storing images or videos on a computer without manually searching for those photos. It also arranges the pictures so that one can easily find them.
This device works on a wide range of devices on computers, tablets, and Smartphones. ThePhotoStick OMNI is very easy to use and does not require any extra accessories to make it work. It is straight out of the box and is very durable.
The PhotoStick OMNI is affordable. You do not need to subscribe or pay monthly to be able to use the PhotoStick OMNI. Once you receive your order, you can go ahead and enjoy your purchase without ever having to pay a dime. The manufacturers are offering this product at a considerable discount to make it further affordable for everyone.
Features of ThePhotostick Omni
- Easy to Use – Simply plug in ThePhotoStick® OMNI and click ‘GO’! It does everything automatically. No complicated setup, logins, or software to install!
- Works On All Devices – Works on all computers, phones and operating systems – including Windows, Apple, Android, Google, and more!
- Convenient & Secure – ThePhotoStick® OMNI keeps all your most important files right at your fingertips, so they’re easily accessible when you need them – yet stored safely and away from hackers.
- Super Easy To Use – Simply plug the adapter into your computer, phone or tablet and let it work!
- Massive Storage – Up to 256GB storage capacity – easily back up 120,000 photos and videos!
How Does it Works in Computer?
ThePhotoStick OMNI does everything FOR YOU in just 3 simple steps:
- Plug the stick into ANY device that has your photos or videos.
- Open the program
- Click ‘GO’
Why is ThePhotoStick Omni different from other solutions?
ThePhotoStick OMNI is the only solution of its kind.
Compared to traditional backup solutions, ThePhotoStick OMNI is easy to use, completely secure, convenient, and has no monthly or ongoing fees. However, ThePhotoStick OMNI is much more than just a simple USB backup solution and light-years more advanced than the original ThePhotoStick & ThePhotoStick Mobile.
Unlike TPS & TPS Mobile, OMNI is now blazing fast – 5x faster than the original thanks to USB 3.0. It also comes with a universal adapter that enables OMNI to work on ANY device (from your phones and tablets, to computers) and ALL modern operating systems including Apple, Windows, Android, and more.
Just click ‘GO’ and watch while ThePhotoStick OMNI do all the tedious work for you. Saving you hours of time and frustration doing everything by hand or dealing with complicated cloud storage that isn’t always secure.
It’s also now easier than ever to also share these favorite moments with friends and family. Once your memories are safe and organized inside ThePhotoStick OMNI, you can select the photos and videos you want to share so you can enjoy these memories again with the people you love.
Benefits of ThePhotostick Omni
Keeps Your Files Safe: Never worry about your computer crashing or losing ﬁles in the cloud again. ThePhotoStick OMNI backs up all your ﬁles in just one click – holding up to 120,000 ﬁles(including photos and videos).
Finds & Sorts ALL Your Photos & Videos: Searches and sorts through 1000’s ﬁles and folders on any device in minutes to ensure no picture or video is ever missed – saving you hours or even days of time doing it yourself. It even backs up your ﬁles automatically.
Works On All Devices: Works on all computers, phones and operating systems – including Windows, Apple, Android, Google, and more!
Convenient & Secure: ThePhotoStick OMNI keeps all your most important ﬁles right at your ﬁngertips, so they’re easily accessible when you need them – yet stored safely and away from hackers.
Easy To Use: Simply plug in ThePhotoStick OMNI and click ‘GO’! It does everything automatically. No complicated setup, logins, or software to install!
Share Memories With Loved Ones: ThePhotoStick OMNI easily allows you to share these memories with others using email, text, and even on Facebook. Simply select the ﬁle(s) you want to send and click ‘Share’.
Works With Dozens Files Types: It doesn’t just work on photos and videos, it also works on many other ﬁles types including documents, music, photo editing ﬁles & more.
24/7 Live Customer Support: 24/7 technical support service (live chat) to help people with the product or update their operating systems, if needed.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee: If for any reason you’re not 100% satisﬁed with The Wand, you can easily return it, hassle-free
How does it works in Mobile?
- Download the App – Easily download for FREE in the Google Play Store and Apple Store
- Plug in the Adapter – Use the adapter to plug the Omni into your Android or Apple device and find files
- Safely Transfer Files – Plug the USB stick into your Mobile and Safely transfer your photos and videos
Why you should invest in ThePhotoStick Omni?
According to a recent study, roughly 35% of American seniors have never backed up any ﬁles on their computers. This same study also found that only 18% of seniors use the cloud. But why would they use the cloud? It’s complicated and has a substantial monthly fee. It’s no surprise that they would avoid it.
That’s where ThePhotoStick OMNI comes in. ThePhotoStick makes backing up your most cherished memories so easy that anyone can do it. It’s as simple as plugging the device into your computer and hitting ‘GO’. There’s no complicated software to install since the program comes preloaded on the stick. You can also use it on your phone with the included universal adapter.
ThePhotoStick does all the work for you by searching through all your photos and videos – removing any duplicate images before saving them on the stick to save space. Unlike the Cloud, saving your memories on the stick means your ﬁles are 100% safe and secure. You can also access your photos and videos anywhere, even if you don’t have internet access.
- It’s easy to use: Using ThePhotoStick OMNI is easier than charging my phone! You simply plug it into your computer and let it find and store your photos.
- You don’t need to login: My grandson tried to get me to store photos on Dropbox, but I had no idea how to use it! Plus, I kept losing my password, which was a huge nuisance.
- There’s no monthly fee: When I started saving family videos on my phone, I kept getting notifications saying my iCloud storage was full. But I didn’t want to have to pay a monthly fee for more storage! With ThePhotoStick OMNI, there’s just one upfront cost — no monthly fees — for the same amount of storage.
- It takes no time at all: Whenever I tried downloading photos onto my desktop, it took hours to find and download a single image. ThePhotoStick OMNI searches my entire computer and collects videos and photos within minutes.
- It stores every kind of file: While I use ThePhotoStick OMNI for storing family videos and photos, it has the ability to store nearly every file type, including documents and music.
- It works all on its own: With ThePhotoStick OMNI, there’s no WiFi, batteries, or charging needed. This one, tiny device collects images and videos all on its own — no matter where you are in the world or whether you have a stable internet connection.
How to start ThePhotoStick Omni on windows?
The process of starting ThePhotoStick Omni is very simple. Please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Plug ThePhotoStick OMNI into an open USB slot.
- From file explorer, double click on thePhotostick.exe
3) Once ThePhotoStick Omni loads, follow the onscreen instructions.
After starting the device on your Windows system. We will now move into how to use ThePhotoStick OMNI on Windows.
How to use this device on Windows?
- Main menu — Allows for access to various features of ThePhotoStick® Omni, including your photos/videos/documents/audio settings, tools, and checking for ThePhotoStick Omni software updates
- Status area — Provides status messages before, during, and after a backup is run.
- ThePhotoStick Omni capacity chart — Provides a quick snapshot of how much used and free space is currently on your ThePhotoStick® Omni
- Additional Copy Options — Provides easy access to setting common copy options. You can also access these settings by clicking on the “Options and Settings” button.
- Folder layout on ThePhotoStick Omni — Choose the folder structure for files saved to your ThePhotoStick Omni.
- Backup statistics — Provides information for your current backup.
- “Photo/Video Organizer” button — Opens ThePhotoStick Omni Organizer that will show your photos, videos, documents, and audio files that are currently backed up to ThePhotoStick Omni.
- “Options and Settings” button —Opens the Settings window for ThePhotoStick Omni. Here you can set which photo, video, document, and audio file types that ThePhotoStick Omni will find and save as well as other application settings.
- “User Guide” button — Takes you to ThePhotoStick® Omni online user guide
- “Exit” button —Closes ThePhotoStick Omni application.
- “Go” button — Starts a backup of your photos, videos, documents, and audio files.
How to start ThePhotostick Omni on Mac?
- Plug ThePhotoStick Omni into an open USB slot.
- Double-click on the desktop shortcut labeled as PHOTOSTICK.
NOTE: If no icon appears on your desktop after plugging in ThePhotoStick Omni, go to Finder and double-click PHOTOSTICK listed under Devices/Locations.
3. Double-click on ThePhotoStick_Mac.
4. Once ThePhotoStick Omni loads, follow the onscreen instructions.
How to use this device on Mac Computers?
- Used Space on your ThePhotoStick® Omni device — Graphical view of how much space is used on your ThePhotoStick® Omni device.
- ThePhotoStick Device Summary — Provides the total number of photos, videos, documents, and audio files saved on your ThePhotoStick® Omni device as well as the remaining space available on the ThePhotoStick® Omni device.
- ThePhotoStick Device Usage Details — Provides a breakdown of what exactly is saved on your ThePhotoStick® Omni device. Here you can easily see how many files of each file type are saved to your ThePhotoStick® Omni as well as how much space those files are using on your ThePhotoStick® Omni device.
- “Refresh” button — Refreshes the “ThePhotoStick Device Usage Details” by rescanning your ThePhotoStick® Omni device.
- “Backup” button — Open the backup window. Here you can start a backup with your chosen backup preferences.
- “Photo/Video Organizer” button — Opens ThePhotoStick® Omni Organizer that will show your photos, videos, documents, and audio files that are currently backed up to ThePhotoStick® Omni.
- “Tools and Utilities” button — Opens the tools and utilities for ThePhotoStick® Omni. Here you can remove all saved files on your ThePhotoStick® Omni or reset your ThePhotoStick® Omni to factory defaults.
- “User Guide” button — Takes you to ThePhotoStick® Omni online user guide.
- “Backup Preferences” button —Opens the backup preferences for ThePhotoStick® Omni. Here you can set which photo, video, document, and audio file types that ThePhotoStick® Omni will find and save as well as other application settings.
Using ThePhotoStick Omni on iPhone/iPad
Installing ThePhotoStick Omni App
- Open the App Store app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Search for “ThePhotoStick Omni”.
- Tap “Get” to install the app.
- Once the installation is complete, tap “Open” to start the app.
- If prompted, tap “OK” to allow ThePhotoStick® Omni app to access your photos.
- If prompted, tap “OK” to allow ThePhotoStick® Omni app to access your music files.
- Plug in your ThePhotoStick® Omni device into your iPhone/iPad.
- Wait for 5 seconds to give your iPhone or iPad time to discover your ThePhotoStick® Omni device. Then, tap “Settings”.
- Select “PHOTOSTICK” (NOTE: do not select any folders under PHOTOSTICK), then tap “Done”.
- Ensure that ThePhotoStick® Omni device is now detected and then tap “Main Menu”.
- You will now be at the main screen.
iPhone/iPad App Interface
- Takes you to the backup options: “Backup All Photos, Videos, Music” or “Select to Backup”.
- Displays files that are currently on your ThePhotoStick® Omni device.
- Takes you to the restore options: “Restore All Photos and Videos” or “Select to Restore”.
- Displays instructions on how to empty the Recently Deleted Album on iOS devices.
- Displays detailed instructions on using your ThePhotoStick® Omni app.
Restoring Photos and Videos
Due to Digital Rights Management (DRM), music files cannot be directly restored to your iPhone or iPad. You must use Apple’s iTunes app to re-download any music files you have purchased.
- From the main app screen, tap “Restore Files”.
- From the restore menu, chose either “Restore All Photos and Videos” or “Select to Restore”.
- Tapping “Restore All Photos and Videos” will immediately begin to copy all of the photos and videos on ThePhotoStick Omni device to your iPhone or iPad.
- Tapping “Select to Restore” will bring you to another screen where you can select specific photos and videos to be restored to your ThePhotoStick Omni device.
If you choose “Select to Restore,” you will be taken to the screen where you can select the photos and videos to be restored to your iPhone or iPad. To help you find the photos you want to restore, you can choose to display all photos and videos, just photos, or just videos by tapping on the category buttons in the bottom toolbar. When ready to start restoring the selected photos and videos, tap “Restore Now!“
Once a restore begins, you will be taken to the running restore screen where you can monitor the progress of the restore.
Once the restore completes, you will see the restore summary status screen.
Size Variants of ThePhotostick Omni
What we love the most about this product is the size variants that company is offering. Unlike the Photostick and The Photostick Mobile, ThePhotostick Omni comes up with 4 different size range – 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB.
The prices of these devices depend upon the size and amount of images, videos it can hold. For example, a unit of 32GB device can save 15,000 photos and videos. The number goes on as the size of the product increases.
The handy size of ThePhotoStick OMNI is one of the advantages that can be seen at first glance. Compared to external hard drives, it is much easier to store several of the memory sticks in one drawer. Different colours means different size variants. If you use a different ThePhotoStick OMNI for each of your devices, it is no problem to tell the individual sticks apart.
Another advantage is the universal plug that comes with the stick. The stick with photo and video memory itself uses a USB port to connect to the computer. This port is often not available on tablets or mobile phones. The adapter bridges this connection problem and should make it easier to save important data from these devices on the memory stick as a backup. In this context, the sale as a set is advantageous. The universal plug is already included in the delivery and does not cause you any additional boxes. Since both products come from the same manufacturer, you will also have no problems with the compatibility of the technology used.
Buyers of The Photo Stick OMNI have left some positive comments about this product in the comments section. Among other things, the One Click use of the memory stick left a good impression. Comparable to plug-and-play, the stick is immediately ready for use and does not require any further download or complicated installation. On the negative side, The Photo Stick OMNI is not compatible with all older devices.
Photostick Omni Reviews Consumer Reports
This thing is amazing! Plugged it into my iMac and it found all my pics and saved them. 85,000+ pics saved! Saved storage space on my computer and now I have all of these memories over the past decade saved in a safe place
“I had a grand total of about 60,000 images, with many duplicates. This little “stick” managed to eliminate the duplicates so that I now have about 24,000 originals preserved forever in a fire-proof vault, a cost-free and independent method of safekeeping.”
The Photo Stick works just the way it says it does; very easy to use. I checked it when done, and there were my pictures. There is so much room on the stick that I should be able to use it for years to backup documents and pictures.
Are there any known technical problems?
At this point it would be useful to point out that data storage devices generally have a limited lifetime. With a USB stick, it can therefore happen after a few years that the stored data can no longer be accessed. To prevent this, it would be advisable to use a new The Photo Stick Omni in the meantime to always ensure that the photos and videos are still safely stored. However, as long as the stick is still young and fresh, nothing can really go wrong and there are no technical problems.
Where To Buy Photostick Omni
Currently the best place to buy the Photostick OMNI is from their official website. When I tried searching for the photostick Omni on Amazon a lot of fake copies show up and you do not want to buy one of those.
The Photostick Omni Price
ThePhotoStick OMNI units are currently available in three different storage capacities, and hence, vary in prices. To simplify things, listed below some options to choose from (in USD):
- 32GB: $59.99 each
- 64GB: $79.99
- 128GB: $99.99 each
The company offer a no-hassle, 60-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you’re not 100% satisfied with ThePhotoStick OMNI®, we are happy to help you with a return. We want you to be happy!
Have a questions about ThePhotostick Omni?
- Questions About Your Order
- Product Questions
- Technical Support
- Anything else product or order related
Please contact GiddyUp’s PhotoStick Support at:
- PO Box 234 Haxtun, CO 80731
ThePhotoStick OMNI works with all modern computers, smartphones, tablets, and computers right out of the box. It’s also compatible with all Windows, Android, and Mac Operating Systems:
Windows: Windows 7 SP1 and newer
Apple: OS 10.13 and newer, iOS and iPad OS is 13.0 and later
Android: 6.0 and later
Nearly all of them! It saves your standard JPEG, PNG, GIF, MOV, and MPEG4, but it also saves a vast array of file types as listed below:
JPEG (*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.jpe, *.jiff)
BMP (*.bmp, *.rle, *.dib)
TIFF (*.tif, *.tiff)
Camera Raw (*.tif, *.crw, *.nef, *.raf, *.orf, *.mrw, *.dcr, *.mos, *.raw, *.pef, *.srf, *.dng, *.x3f, *.cr2, *.erf, *.sr2, *.kdc, *.mfw, *.mef, *.arw, *.nrw, *.rw2, *.rwl, *.iiq, *.3fr, *.srw)
Photoshop (*.psd, *.pdd)
PCT File (*.PCT, *.PICT)
MOV (*.mov, *.qt)
MPEG4 (*.mpg4, *.mpeg4)
We use an average photo file size of 2MB for our calculation. We picked this size for our calculation because it is the approximate size of an 8MP photo saved in a .JPEG format.
Some file sizes are much larger, such as camera RAW files, movie files such as .MOV and .MPEG4, and photos taken with cameras that can take photos greater than 8MP, so the number of files that can be stored on ThePhotoStick® OMNI can vary.
Currently the best place to buy the Photostick OMNI is from their official website. When I tried searching for the photostick Omni on Amazon a lot of fake copies show up and you do not want to buy one of those.
ThePhotostick Omni helps in securing and storing your media files in a simple way. You just have to plug-in the device with your ThePhotostick Omni and has to follow some steps. That’s it!
The PhotoStick Omni device provides a simple and secure way to store media files. While it can store both photographs and videos, the users primarily use it for pictures alone. It comes in two major variants – the 32 GB and the 128 GB capacities. The 32 GB variant stores up to 15,000 photos, while the 128 GB type can go as high as 60,000 pictures. However, this may vary slightly with photo quality. Usually, the stick saves more when picture quality is low.
Our review of the product’s features and customers’ testimonials identified several pros of the device. It is handy and durable. The PhotoStick Omni is a device you can carry on the go without the fear of developing any fault. Furthermore, the product is economical and simple to use. Users don’t pay for anything again after buying. Best of all, it is secure. As it does not function with network connections, your files are inaccessible to any third party.