One of the major struggles faced by most of the smartphone owners these days is the constant lack of space. With a massive increase in smartphone use in our daily lives, most of us are always out of space on our device. Learn about Photostick Mobile for Android.
From new apps to important files, videos and photos, we need space for everything. There is a consistent stream of content coming up with every second that can be downloaded and seen, but the space is always an issue for the majority of smartphone users. Not downloading them for saving the space means missing them out. Also, it can get pretty hectic to keep paying for the cloud storage.
Photostick is basically designed for portable devices like tablets and smartphones. You might know it as a flash drive photo storage option or a storage product for computers, laptops and PCs. This post will prove to be helpful for you in understanding the device better and if you should be purchasing it or not.
About Photostick Mobile
The Photostick Mobile is a pretty distinctive and convenient device that can quickly back-up all the videos and images of a device in a matter of just a few seconds. The device looks somewhat like some USB flash drive and comes with a sophisticated finish. The prime component that makes this device different from the majority in the market is that the device can be operated structurally and administered on any mobile device that has a USB port incorporated. The device has a unique built-in software that is implemented. This plays a crucial role in detecting and exploring the pic that you have potentially lost.
The solution is very simple yet practical when it comes to backing up the videos as well as pictures on your Android device. This solution is a smart way of creating a free space and avoiding the clutter. The best thing about the PhotoStick Mobile is that it is not a cloud-storage based option.
It is safe to say that this is the simplest way of transferring your files. You can store up to 20,000 of standard-sized photos and videos. Once you back up, you have the complete freedom of transferring them to the Mac Or PC.
- The app can be used with great ease as the device can automatically both find and back up the photos and videos on the Android Device.
- You do not have to pay for the cloud storage fees.
- You do not have to be worried about privacy if you use this device.
- The device can store about 20,000 standard-sized photos and videos.
- When you are done backing up, the files can be easily transferred to the computer.
- The device offers a 30-days money-back guarantee.
How Do You Use The Photostick Mobile For Android Device?
The device is basically the USB-based one with the built-in power of backing up the photos without the need to transfer them manually. This easy to use device fits well in your pocket and is very user friendly. Photostick Mobile can be used by anyone. Keep reading ahead to know the steps of backing up your photos easily with the Photostick Mobile.
- Purchase your PhotoStick Mobile from the official website.
- Next, you have to download the free photo saver app from the Playstore.
- Then, you have to insert the flash drive’s smaller end in the charging port of the device.
- The next step is to launch your app.
- On the main screen, click on the “Back Up” option.
- Wait for a bit while your mobile is scanned for the photos.
- Once it is done, disconnect it.
That’s all. You now have created a backup of your photos on the device that can be plugged in the PC or Laptop for browsing them with the use of a USB connector which is on the PhotoStick’s opposite end.
Supportable File Formats
The Photostick Mobile can work for both iOS as well as Android for saving the videos, pictures and different file types. Not only will it work quickly, but it will also locate all the photos that are saved on the disk and then create its backup. The extensions that are compatible with the Photostick Mobile are JPG, PCT, RAW, GIF, ICO, MOV, PNG, BMP, WMV, TIFF, AVI and MPEG4.
Photostick Mobile for Android: Technical Specifications
- The device is compatible with Motorola, HTC, Samsung and LG Android devices that run on the Android OS 4.4 and the versions beyond.
- The device should be OTG compatible.
- It works on both Micro-USB and USB-C devices.
- You need to install the PhotoStick App. It is free and can be downloaded easily from the Google play store.
Photostick Mobile Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tpsmobile.tpsmobile&hl=en_IN&gl=US
Some Other Details
Finally, with a device like the Photostick Mobile, you no longer have to worry about losing the precious pictures and videos. Though the option of a digital SD card is a viable one too but more often than not, users misplace them, and you won’t be able to retrieve all this information that you stored on the card. Things get really easy with the Photostick Mobile for Android. You can carry it wherever you wish. Compatibility is one of the most notable advantages of the platform.
Photostick Mobile for Android – User Guide
To Install and Start ThePhotoStick Mobile App on Android
- Download the free ThePhotoStick Mobile app from the Google Play Store.
- Install ThePhotoStick Mobile App
- Once the install completes, tap “Open” to start the app
- TPS Mobile needs permission to access your photos and media so it can save and restore them. Tap “Allow” when prompted. If you Deny these permissions, the app will not run.
- You will now be at the Main Screen. (image 1* above)
- Now, insert ThePhotoStick Mobile USB stick into your phone using the end labeled “phone”.
- NOTE: On some phones, the default Android file manager may auto launch. It will look similar to the following: – image2*
- If this is the case, simply return back to ThePhotoStick app by clicking your phone’s back button.
- Select TPS MOBILE from the “Open from” window:
- If you do not see your TPS MOBILE as an available device, click on the three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap “Show SD Card”.
- Click on the Menu in the upper left corner.
- Now, you should see your TPS Mobile device to select:
- NOTE: on some phones, it may show as a generic usb device and not say TPS MOBILE – Refer image 3.
- Tap “select” in the bottom right corner
- Tap “Backup files now!” to begin backing up your files. (Image 4*)
Which smartphones are compatible with ThePhotoStick® Mobile?
Supported Android devices: Compatible with all Samsung, LG, Motorola, and HTC phones running Android OS 4.4 or newer made in the last 3 years. Phones must be OTG compatible. A FREE adapter is included that ensures compatibility with Micro-USB and USB-C devices.
What photo file size is used when we say the 128GB version can store 60,000 photos?
We use an average photo file size of 2MB for our calculation. We picked this size for our calculation because it is the approximate size of an 8MP photo saved in a .JPEG format. Some file sizes are much larger, such as camera RAW files, movie files such as .MOV and .MPEG4, and photos taken with cameras that can take photos greater than 8MP, so the number of photos that can be stored on ThePhotoStick® Mobile can vary.
It is a smart idea to invest in the Photostick Mobile For Android as it is a highly efficient, affordable and compact solution. The device offers you with complete flexibility of taking up the back up of the videos as well as pictures and then transferring it to a PC. All in all, this is the smartest way of creating additional space on the Android Device.