With the constant rise in issues related to lungs in today’s time because of the ever-rising pollution and numerous other issues leads to the mucus build-up in the lungs. This is where Mucus devices come into the picture. These devices help in clearing the lungs and thus making the process of breathing easier. Through the process of Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure (OPEP), these mucus devices clear the clogged mucus and help in restoring the optimal capacity of the lungs.
Not only do these devices help with clearing the clogged mucus, but it also creates a positive pressure on your lungs. This way, the underused portion of the lungs come into action.
Such devices work wonders for the patients suffering from respiratory issues like Bronchiectasis, Cystic Fibrosis, COPD and Asthma. It is important to keep these Mucus Devices clean for the obvious hygiene reasons. Not keeping it clean can create a source of infections.
Steps For Cleaning The Mucus Devices
- It is important to remove all the moisture or mucus that is clogged in the internal components of these devices.
- You first need to begin with disassembling the mucus device. But before you start with disassembling, it is best to refer to the user guide to know more about the accessories and parts, as well as how the child-resistant protective cover can be unlocked.
- Once you are done with disassembling the device, wash it under the solution of detergent or soap and tap water.
- You then need to rinse all these components with tap water.
- It would be best if you wiped it with a clean towel or cloth.
- Lastly, reassemble the device and store it in a dry and clean place.
It is recommended to clean your mucus device vigorously at least once every day. For doing so, do the following:
Rinse or wipe the components that you cleaned already in either isopropyl or ethyl alcohol solution with about 60 to 90 percent concentration.
Wrapping It Up
Hopefully, this article will help you understand how you can clean your mucus device every day.