Lotus Trolley Bag Review: Grocery shopping has found new significance for many people in the last year. Beyond the task of feeding ourselves and our families, grocery shopping has been about the only in-person errand we are running.
Though grocery shopping has remained a constant, it has been one of the most rapidly changing parts of our lives. Our awareness of the need to do it safely, efficiently, and preferably in the most low-impact way will likely be one of those things that is part of our new “normal.”
Add to that the fact cities and towns all over the country are taking up legislation to forbid single-use plastic bags, we are all getting used to bringing our own bags to transport our purchases. So, getting smart about investing in a system that addresses both issues is actually a really great thing to do.
The Lotus Shopping Trolley Bag System is just such a game changer.
- What is Lotus Trolley Bag?
- Who Invented Lotus Trolley Bags?
- How to Use Lotus Trolley Bags?
- Here’s Why Customers Love Lotus Trolley Bag
- Lotus Trolley Bags Video Review
What is Lotus Trolley Bag?
Lotus Trolley Bag is best ECO-FRIENDLY foldable bags which are also safe for the environment. Not just grocery shopping, you can do much more work with this multiple use bag.
Features of Lotus Trolley Bag
- 4 large non-woven fabric bags, including 1 insulated bag
- Egg & wine specialty pockets
- Additional pockets on the inside and outside of bags
- Durable double stitching on all bags to hold over 50 pounds
- Machine washable for your health and convenience
- Removable support rods for cart and non-cart use
- Velcro strips to detach bags from shopping system for individual use
- Mold-resistant mesh bottoms
- Fits inside most standard U.S. grocery carts, including Target & Walmart
- Rolls up into a compact, lightweight carrier
- 100% Love It Guarantee – Love it or send it back for a full refund
- Family-owned small business and proud member of 1% for the Planet. Your purchase helps to support our California-based business and environmental causes dedicated to reducing plastic pollution.
Who Invented Lotus Trolley Bags?
Lotus Sustainable’s created the original trolley bag with the lotus logo. The company makes several eco-friendly products, including its lotus produce bag, which has been hailed as the number one reusable shopping bag.
Lotus produce bags are designed for groceries, while trolleys can hold a number of wine bottles and eggs. Despite its size, the lotus trolley bag has been in circulation for more than 400,000 years. When a customer uses a single-use plastic bag twice, it saves up to 800,000 bags from the landfill.
How does it work?
The Lotus Trolley Bag is a set of 4 extra-strong fabric bags that helps you pick, bag, and carry all of your groceries in a more organized and time-saving way.
It’s a game-changer because it’s more than just a set of bags… it’s an organized “system” that makes the whole shopping experience faster and easier from the moment you grab your cart until you put your last grocery away at home.
The unique “accordian-style” design means it hardly takes up any space in your cart—yet it expands to hold even the biggest of grocery hauls. (I swear, you can fit half the supermarket inside!)
The “secret” is in the removable rods that rest around the top of your shopping cart to keep the mouths of the compartments open as you fill them up with your groceries.
You get to choose how you use the compartments to stay organized during your shopping trip. I like to use one section for produce, one for meats, one for non-perishables and personal care items, and the insulated cooler section for all the cold items I need to pick up during my trip.
The largest of the compartments has specialty pockets built into the insides. That’s where I put my eggs and other breakable items—like wine bottles and olive oil—to keep them safe.
And there’s even a few smaller mesh pockets built into the individual compartments for small items like gum and cosmetics.
What Problem Does Lotus Trolley Bag Solve?
Did you know that up to 160,000 plastic bags are used every second — with only 1-3% of them ever being recycled? Add to that the fact that it takes plastic bags anywhere from 500 to 1,000 years to break down… and no wonder the planet is suffering.
And while reusable shopping bags can help save more plastic bags from damaging the Earth, most of them are still a pain to use while grocery shopping.They’re either too small to hold a lot of grocery items or too flimsy to pack and unpack efficiently. Plus you’re forced to carry a ton of bags from the shopping cart to your car and then again from your car to your kitchen. There has to be a better way!
Why is it Different from other solutions?
Here’s Why It’s 1,000x Better Than Any Other Reusable Bag You Can Pick Up at the Store:
- It’s The Most Organized Reusable Bag on the Planet! Spread the bag out in your cart using the rod system. Or remove the rods and use the individual bags on their own just like a normal tote.
- Extra Pockets to Keep Breakable Items Safe and Small Purchases in Sight! There’s a pocket for your eggs. A pocket for your wine or olive oil. And a few extra mesh pockets for small items like gum, candy, or cosmetics… so they don’t get lost.
- Mold-Resistant Mesh Bag Bottom! This was a brilliant idea! Now you can easily see what is in each section you are unpacking, and the mold-resistant mesh prevents mold and bacteria from growing inside.
- Includes an Insulated Bag to keep items cold or hot for up to 4 hours! You can use this just like a soft cooler to bring to the beach, on a picnic, or to a potluck dinner!
- Easy to Clean – If you have ever tried to wash a reusable bag, you know 9 times out of 10 it falls apart in the machine. But the Lotus Trolley Bag was designed to withstand the wash. Just throw each part in, then tumble dry on low to get rid of any nasty smells or debris. (The insulated compartment is NOT machine washable but can easily be cleaned by hand.)
- Easy to Stow Away – Roll it and secure it with the easy-to-carry handle. You’ll never have to deal with a mess of bags scattered around your trunk ever again. (The inventors really thought of EVERYTHING!)
- Use 1 at a time OR all 4! The individual bags detach with velcro, and the rods are removable in case you want to use one part as a regular reusable bag at the farmer’s market or anywhere else.
- You Can Use It for Almost Anything! (including big towels and blankets). Plus, the mesh bottom ensures no sand or dirt travels home with you after a day at the beach or park with your Lotus Trolley Bag.
- Holds up to 50 pounds per bag! (Yup! That’s a lot!)
- Fits most standard grocery shopping carts. (At stores like Walmart and Target, too!)
- Environmentally Friendly – Say goodbye to wasteful plastic and use the best reusable bag on the planet instead!
- AND… the 100% Love It or Leave It Guarantee! Don’t think this is THE BEST for some crazy reason, you can send it back for a full refund… no questions asked. (But with over 3,390 5-STAR reviews online, I am sure you will love it too!)
How do you use a Lotus Trolley Bag?
The Lotus Trolley Bags are designed to be user-friendly. The manufacturer recommends using each set of four bags as follows:
- Attach your bags to the shopping cart’s handle with Velcro to keep them out of the way until you’re ready to shop.
- Arrange the bags in the shopping cart, leaving sufficient space for the food.
- Pack and organise your groceries when shopping. Hot or cold goods can be placed in the insulated bag.
Check out, then transport your bags to your vehicle. You can split the bags, then place them wherever they need to be in your vehicle.
That is all. The Lotus Trolley Bags are intended to be user-friendly.
What are the benefits?
If a plastic bag ends up in a landfill rather than in a river or large water body, it can take up to a thousand years for it to decompose. An estimated one billion bags are used in America every year, and only 1% of them are recycled. Approximately how long does it take to decompose the rest of the waste? It won’t take an eternity. In addition to reducing environmental pollution, lotus trolley bags reduce household use of plastic bags.
Repurpose For Another Use
In addition to carrying groceries, you can use lotus trolley bags for other purposes. A colorful bag (purple) is perfect for carrying your lunch box. When carrying a coffee flask to work, the pockets can come in handy. Furthermore, your children can carry books and stationary to the library with these bags.
Anyone Can Afford
Lotus trolley bags are one example of a sustainable shopping solution that is affordable for nearly all families. Furthermore, a small household with about two members requires just one set to keep the business going. It may be difficult to imagine shopping without plastic bags, but you should at least try it and see how it changes your shopping experience. Community shopping used to be done with individual bags long ago, before human civilization developed.
Long-Lasting Strength and Durability
Plastic bags are often plagued with holes at the corners and handle tears. Due to this, these bags are hard to reuse, especially after carrying heavy items. The reusability of lotus trolley bags solves this problem, thanks to their unmatched strength and durability. Reusing these bags is less likely to result in leaks. Additionally, it saves you money by eliminating the need to buy frequently.
If for any reason you’re not 100% satisfied with your Lotus Trolley Bag, you can easily return them, hassle-free!
What Customers Are Saying About Lotus Trolley Bag?
The Lotus trolley bags are in circulation in nearly half a million sets. Customer reviews for these bags are mostly positive, with most agreeing that they perform as advertised by the manufacturer.
According to most feedback, customers can now organize their groceries and shopping while shopping with ease. The following is a sampling of what consumers have to say about Lotus trolley bags:
- People appreciate being associated with a product that promotes a greener planet and reverses climate change. The Lotus trolley bag is a better alternative to plastic bags. Clearly, eco-friendly shopping bags are a huge hit with many customers.
- The lotus trolley bag is a popular item among consumers who carry it to the store and receive endless compliments.
- Other customers, as well as the store clerks, are attracted to these stylish bags. Their eye-catching appearance is in addition to their ease of use and portability. Using the loops or extra handles, these bags are easy to carry. Plastic bags do not feel as comfortable as these.
- They noted that lotus trolley bags keep the temperature of their shopped items until they reach their homes. In addition to keeping beverages cold, the breathable material of the bag keeps groceries fresh. In addition, the bag has outside and inside pockets to provide additional storage.
How much does it cost?
Talking about the price of this amazing product. It will merely cost you $50. Check the price mentioned below:
- 1 for $49.99
- Buy 2, Get 1 Free – $119.98 (Free USA Shipping)
- Buy 3, Get 2 Free – $179.97 (Free USA Shipping)
If for any reason you’re not 100% satisfied with your Lotus Trolley Bag, you can easily return them, hassle-free!
Lotus Trolley Bags Video Review
Here’s Why Customers Love Lotus Trolley Bag
It’s not very often that I feel compelled to write a review when there’s already so many amazing reviews..but that’s just how much I love these bags! They make check out a breeze, you can fit a huge cart of groceries in the 4 bags (with room to spare!), load them in your car quickly and I can usually get all 4 bags into the house in one trip! The best part? You’re helping our planet by using these! – Jill F.
I get comments on these bags each time I shop with them. They’re high quality and I really do test the limits of these bags each time I use them. They haven’t shown any signs of wear or damage yet and I LOVE being able to easily carry EVERYTHING (including the baby) inside at once! There is so much thought put into the design of these bags and I love that my closet bag keeper is no longer overflowing with annoying plastic bags! I also love that the purple bag has a place to put your wine! The insulated bag having Velcro to stay closed is also fantastic. The handles on these bags are long enough that you can comfortably put them over your shoulder to carry. – Arielle
Owning a set of lotus trolley bags can save you a lot of money in the long run, as opposed to purchasing a bag every time you go shopping. These bags can be used for up to 6 months or even 1 year, depending on your shopping needs.
All they need is a good wash when needed, and proper drying to make them ready. It’s also important to note that you have the option of choosing up to two colors to fit your tastes. At checkout, you can choose between earthy colors and purple. You cannot mix colors on the same set.
It is very easy to transport lotus trolley bags. You can put them in a purse or backpack. Therefore, you can take them to work and pass by the grocery store on the way home.
These make a perfect gift for your loved ones too. A much recommended product which will surely be loved by you
Frequently Asked Questions
Not at all. Each bag separates easily and can be used on its own. Simply pull apart each piece of velcro where the bags attach to one another and remove the rods – it’s as simple as that!
Yes! Simply slide out the rods and toss the bags in the washing machine. Wash on a cold, gentle cycle and hang dry. Then reinsert the rods. The insulated bag should not be machine washed. Instead, use a safe disinfectant to wipe down the interior.
Quality was the most important thing for us. To ensure our bags hold all the groceries you can carry we used a strong 120 gsm non woven fabric that is double stitched, durable & washable. The mesh component is made from the same netting that can be found in travel cots, ensuring optimum strength.
Our produce bags are made from polyester and are double-stitched on the sides for increased strength and support. They’re soft and incredibly durable with no risk of tears, and a secure drawstring with a lock to keep contents safe. They can be machine or hand washed hundreds of times.
These bags are made in USA. Headquarters are in Carlsbad, California.
Absolutely. We’ve designed the rods to be completely removable so each bag can be easily cleaned. Simply remove rods and wash on cold/gentle, then hang to dry. There is even a small notch on each rod to show exactly how far to push the rod back in so it’s perfectly centered in your cart.
First you need to stack from Big to Small or from small to big. Then hold the closing tab and roll right up. Now, secure them tightly with the Velcro provided and you are done folding your Lotus Trolley Bag.