When you use some product in health sector, it has some adverse effects as well. Read about the Isavera Fat Freezing System Side Effects now.
Isavera techniques work on the principle of CoolSculpting. CoolSculpting in the scientific language is known as Cryolipolysis, a medical procedure that will help you eliminate fat from your body beneath your skin. However, before going for any such procedure, you must know the method’s potential risks.
First, let us tell you how it is performed. During the procedure of CoolSculpting, a licensed practitioner or a plastic surgeon uses the Isavera tool on the part of your body from where you want to remove fat. With Isavera, you can do it all by yourself too at home. This part of your body is taken to a freezing temperature by the surgeon using the Isavera tool. Due to very high freezing temperature, fat cells from that particular part of the body die using this procedure. These fat cells get naturally broken and are taken to the liver.
Common Isavera Fat Freezing System Side Effects
According to the US Food and Drug Administration, the CoolSculpting technique is a highly safe medical practice. It has given some excellent results and has some nice benefits over other procedures like it is noninvasive, nonsurgical, etc. It reduces 20 to 25 % of the fat from the treated area. Here are some of the known significant side effects you must think of before going for the procedure –
- A sensation of tugging on the treatment site: During the procedure, you will have to place the panel on the affected area for about 60 to 90 minutes. This panel will be at a highly freezing temperature and give you a tugging sensation.
- Aching, stinging, and pain at the treatment site: According to researchers, a widespread side effect of this technique is aching, stinging, and pain in the area of treatment. You may observe this problem as soon as you start the treatment, and it may last up to 15 days. Its cause is expected to be intense freezing temperature.
According to a study on 554 people, most people found pain for at least 3 to 11 days. You can read the research article from here.
Beware of The following Side Effects too
- Temporary skin sensitivity, bruising, swelling, redness at the treatment site: These are also considered to be some of the common side effects of the treatment. However, they do go away in a few weeks. These are similar to that of Frostbite.
- Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia (PAH) at the treatment site: This is one of the most severe side effects of this treatment, usually observed in men. Here, the site of treatment gets more significant rather than being smaller. Scientists still do not know the reason why this happens. This is only a cosmetic side effect and not a physically dangerous one. It still won’t disappear on its own. This condition can only be reversed by surgery.
According to a study in 2014, about 0.0051 % of people experience this problem, and most of them are men. You can read the research article here.
Who Should Not Use Isavera Fat Freezing System?
However safe the treatment is, it still is a medical procedure. The user must consult with a doctor before using any such treatments. There are a few disorders or diseases, and if you have any such diseases, you must not go for this treatment, at least until you talk to your doctor about it. People having the following conditions must avoid using Isavera Fat Freezing System –
- Paroxysmal Cold Hemoglobinuria
- Cold Agglutinin Disease
People with these conditions may get into serious problems using this product. If you still want to use this product, consult a certified doctor. Also, keep in mind that Isavera Fat Freezing Technique is not an entire treatment of obesity. Although it can help you release fat from a few parts of the body, in case you are obese, you still must follow a healthy diet and exercise, or eventually, the fat will come up at the same affected area in no time, even after the treatment.
A Few Long-Term but Rare Side Effects
Here is the list of some of the problems you may have to go through for a longer period of time after using this technique –
- Changes in the skin color or scarring
- First or second-degree freeze burns or Frostbite (In case you do not follow the recommended procedure)
- Hardness and pain in the area of treatment
- Numbness in the area of treatment
- Undesirable or abrupt changes in the fat layering
- Dry mouth or lower saliva production (For procedures involving chin or neck)
- Reduced response and movement of the tongue (For procedures involving chin or neck)
This is an entirely noninvasive or nonsurgical technique and is used drastically by people worldwide. Most of its side effects are not harmful, except for PAH, which is extremely rare. If you do not have the medical conditions mentioned above, you can go for the Isavera Fat Freezing Technique after consulting your doctor.