Are you confused between the two devices The Breather vs Incentive Spirometer? Do you want to know which one out of the two would be a better choice for you? We can help you out.
Here, in this article, I will be telling you all you need to know regarding both these devices that will help you make an informed decision of which one to choose and why. So, stay with me to the end.
What is The Breather?
It is a device that functions as a respiratory exerciser or trainer for the lungs by boosting their ventilation. Increased lung power results in increased oxygen delivery to the lungs and other organs. It is a non-drug therapy that is used to address chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), congestive heart failure, dysphagia, and neuromuscular dysfunction.
Not only can the Breather be used to treat these problems, but athletes of various disciplines utilize it to enhance their breathing and believe that the device enables more effective activity.
How does it work?
The Breather is a resistance breathing simulator that works the inspiratory and expiratory respiratory muscles simultaneously. Hence, the system has easily-readable dials that allow you to fine-tune the device to your own requirements.
The inhale settings range between one and six, with one being the easiest and six being the most difficult, while the exhale settings range between one and five, with one being the easiest and five being the most difficult. As a result, these dials may be separately switched to get the desired effect.
Features and Benefits
- It uses resistance muscular treatment to improve the respiratory muscles (RMT).
- Contributes to the enhancement of natural respiration
- Appropriate for stable individuals to take to maintain good breathing
- For use, the patient may lay in any position.
- Adjustable resistance settings
What is Incentive Spirometer?
Incentive Spirometer, an abbreviation for Air Physiotherapy, created an OPEP system that aides and employs a natural approach for secretion control, lung expansion, and natural approach.
They created the technique to treat Asthma, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, and Bronchiectasis is a more direct, drug-free way. These variables impede the body’s ability to eliminate contaminated mucus from the lungs.
How it works?
By using oscillating positive expiratory pressure, or OPEP, Incentive Spirometer enhances ventilation spontaneously. You inhale via the Incentive Spirometer mouthpiece and exhale through it. When you exhale, Incentive Spirometer stimulates the production of healthy energy in the lungs. Positive pressure dislodges mucus from the airway walls, resulting in spontaneous coughing. As a result, you’ll be able to unwind naturally and with more clarity and comfort.
Major Features and Benefits
- Oscillating positive expiratory pressure (OPEP) is used to assist in mucus removal and lung expansion.
- Expands lung capacity.
- The vibrating steel ball of the gadget aids in mucus removal from the lungs’ airways.
- Patients with asthma, bronchiectasis, bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It protects the lungs from being completely or partially weakened (atelectasis).
The features of both these devices are almost the same, however, if you observe closely, The Breather is slightly better than Incentive Spirometer. Also, The Breather is a more trusted brand. Hence, the clear winner here is The Breather.
- The Breather Pricing – The Breather will cost you around $ 48.62.
- Incentive Spirometer Pricing – Incentive Spirometer will cost you around $ 48.62.
Since the price of both of them is the same, there is no one winner here.
The Breather vs Incentive Spirometer – Final Verdict
As you can see, both these devices work well but The Breather has a better reputation, better features, and its pricing plans are cheaper too. Hence, I can clearly say that The Breather is the clear winner here.
I sincerely hope this article helped. Please let me know in the comment section which one of the two you choose and why.