Are you in search of an effective wi-fi booster that helps you to extend the wi-fi network coverage range by amplifying the current signals? If yes, you have visited the right place. Here in the article, we are going to discuss and compare two top wi-fi boosters – RangeXTD vs Fritz Repeater and make you choose which one is better and why. If you are interested to know the difference and make a rational choice, keep on reading the article.
What is RangeXTD?
RangeXTD is a wi-fi booster/repeater which assists in expanding the sign of the customer’s present router and also increases its general variety. This device can be used for providing wi-fi services in bigger areas for commercial and domestic use. It is capable of taking an existing 802.11n wireless signal of the user’s wireless router to repeat and increase its range.
This device provides support to a 2.4G wireless network connection. Moreover, it is able to support 2.4G transmission speeds up to 300Mbps. RangeXTD has 2X built-in antennas and it also provides amazing transmission rates and wireless performance. Also, the stability technology automatically ignores channel contradiction by using its channel selection feature.
Major Features and Benefits
- Provides 2 built-in antennas
- Gives support WPA- PSK/ WPA2-PSK encryption
- Gives 1 LAN port and 1 WAN/LAN port.
- Accessibility to wireless speed up to 3000mps
- Accessibility to strength LED
- Availability of single push WPS buttons
- Offers wizard set up to your system
- Availability of mode and power controls
How much does it cost?
RangeXTD’s s website offers the customers options to have a choice among plugs which are US, UK, EU, and AU.
- The 1 RangeXTD wi-fi booster together with US Plug to boost the range of present wi-fi connection costs $49.98. The shipping fee of the item costs $ 8.95.
- The 2 RangeXTD wi-fi Boosters together with US Plug to double the range of present wi-fi connection costs $99.90. The shipping fee of the item costs $ 9.95.
- The 3 RangeXTD wi-fi Boosters together with US Plug to triple the range of present wi-fi connection costs $112.39. The shipping fee of the item costs $ 10.95.
- The 4 RangeXTD wi-fi Boosters together with US Plug to maximize the range of present wi-fi connection costs $149.85. The shipping fee of the item costs $ 11.95.
What is Fritz Repeater?
Alike RangeXTD, Fritz Repeater is also a wi-fi booster/repeater which is used to extend the range of your wi-fi network. It provides the probability of getting your wi-fi network to an additional floor or expanding wi-fi to your garage or garden.
The Fritz Repeater acts as a middle man in between your devices and wi-fi networks which is efficiently creating a mesh network that is invisible to end devices. Users are able to link all repeaters, beginning with 1200 upwards, through a LAN bridge from the router, therefore making a great connection.
Major Features and Benefits
- Provides wireless AC with up to 866 Mbit/s in the 5-GHz band.
- Provides adapter to anchor in a wall socket.
- Assures you with the highest WLAN security.
- Provides Wireless N with up to 400 Mbit/s in the 2.4-GHz band.
- Gives excellent IPv6 support.
- Adaptable with every wireless router compliant with the 802.11 ac/n/g/b/a wireless standards.
- Compatible with the configured encryption of the wireless network.
How much does it cost?
Different Fritz wi-fi Repeaters/boosters are of different prices.
- Fritz Repeater 6000: This will cost you around $ 251.99
- The Fritz Repeater 300: This will cost you around $ 146.99
- Fritz Repeater 2400: This will cost you around $ 91.99
- The Fritz Repeater 600: This will cost you around $ 43.99
- Fritz Repeater 1200: This will cost you around $ 74.99
Pros and Cons of RangeXTD
Pros and Cons of Fritz Repeater
Features Comparison Verdict
As you can see, both the platforms have great features but the features offered by RangeXTD are better than those offered by Fritz Repeater. Also, when we were going through the user reviews we found that the reviews for RangeXTD were better than those of Fritz Repeater. So, we can clearly say that our verdict here is RangeXTD.
Final verdict: RangeXTD vs Fritz Repeater
According to the above discussion, we can conclude that RangeXTD provides better wi-fi connections at home or office as compared with Fritz Repeater. Also, both devices boost the range of your existing router. Apart from this, RangeXTD is a more convenient, easy, and compact set for traveling purposes, and therefore it is the first choice of customers in today’s times.
Moreover, the process of setting up the Fritz Repeater is time-consuming and confusing to understand at first, while RangeXTD is pretty easy to operate for a beginner as well. After making a rational comparison between RangeXTD vs Fritz Repeater, it is clear that RangeXTD is the more preferable option over Fritz Repeater.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The device supports WAP and WAP2 for protected setup (Wi-Fi Protected Access®: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK).
Firstly, check if the indicator light on the booster is blinking, the device needs few seconds to prepare the Wi-Fi signal. Make sure your internet source is close to the device, so you are in its range, if SSID still not show up in your Wi-Fi list, try to disable Wi-Fi on your PC or phone and enable again. Or forget the SSID name you did setup and then search again.