A smart scale measures your body weight, body fat, BMI, and other composition metrics, and then synchronizes this information with your smartphone over Bluetooth so you may follow your body weight, fat, and other composition metrics daily via an app. Independent study has demonstrated that the FitTrack Scale tracks these measures within 3% of the accuracy of a DEXA scanner, making it quite probably the most accurate smart scale currently available for home usage. This FitTrack Dara Smart Scale Review (also known as ‘FitTrack Dara Smart Scale’) describes the fit track smart scale’s capabilities, including the measurements it can track, how to use it, and its advantages.
- What is FitTrack Dara BMI smart scale?
- FitTrack Specifications
- How does FitTrack Scale work?
- How to use FitTrack Scale?
- Features of FitTrack Scale
- Fittrack Scale Performance and Accuracy
- The FitTrack Pro App
- Factors That Can Affect the Results of The Smart Scales
- FitTrack Price
- Safety Precautions When Using the FitTrack Smart Scales
- Things That Must Be Followed When Using the FitTrack Smart Scale
- Pros and Cons FitTrack Dara BMI smart scale
What is FitTrack Dara Smart Scale?
The FitTrack Dara Smart Scale is a mid-priced smart scale that determines your body composition, including visceral and subcutaneous fat, muscle mass, and bone density, using electrical resistance.
The FitTrack Pro companion app (available for Android and iPhone) can automatically sync your data with Google Fit, Apple Health, and Fitbit, making it simple to keep track of all of your health and fitness statistics in one spot. There are Fitbit-specific scales, but it’s fantastic to have additional versatility.
Its results matched those obtained using the commercial body composition scale in our gym, and we appreciate the idea that up to eight people can use the same scale — either on their own phones or with several accounts on the same device. It’s a clever feature that allows parents to monitor their children’s growth without the children caring about the statistics.
Features of FitTrack Dara Smart Scale
Body health is not solely dependent on weight, contrary to popular opinion; there are many other elements to consider. The FitTrack smart scale calculates body composition using Bioelectric Impedance Analysis technology. Some of the features that distinguish FitTrack from many other similar products are:
Measure that Which Matters Most
FitTrack enables the measurement of 16 other critical health indicators, including body fat, muscle mass percentage, hydration, BMI, and muscle mass, among others. Thus, you may make a more educated decision regarding what to include or eliminate from your diet. This device helps you achieve your health and fitness objectives by providing more information than ever before.
Electrical impulses may cause certain individuals to fear this product, which is needless given that these signals are harmless and superficial. In addition, the FitTrack smart scale is patent-protected and uses unique bioimpedance technology to send a shallow electrical signal that can scan 17 distinct health components.
Made for all body types
Unique about the FitTrack Dara scale is the ability to change the reading based on your body weight. For instance, active and muscular users with a higher basal metabolic rate and protein intake might choose for athletes for more precise smart scale reporting. Choose a mode that corresponds to your body type, though you can still obtain a health analysis using any mode.
The FitTrack Pro app is accessible in all app stores and is simple to download and use. This application enables daily and weekly health monitoring, as well as monthly health and weight reports. Keeping track of your progress can keep you motivated and help you determine what to do and what not to do in your daily activities. Additionally, the app can pair through Bluetooth with the bmi scale and sync with Google fit, Apple health, and other relevant health apps.
FitTrack supports up to eig ht users, each of whom may create a profile and track their health and wellness, making it an ideal platform for the entire family to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Even infants are not left behind, as the Infant Mode may be activated to monitor your child’s health throughout their development.
Accessible health data
If you have a Dara smart BMI digital in your home, you won’t have to pay a high fee every time you go to the doctor to find out important health information. You can keep track of important information about your body composition from your phone without having to pay money or waste time going to a hospital. You will also be able to see your past results. This will make it easy to compare them to your current body composition and bone mass.
FitTrack is lightweight and easy to store inside your back bag, and you will not have a problem carrying this device around. That way, you can track your health and weight anytime and anywhere you go. You must keep it away from your kids since they can easily lift it, and if you are not careful, they might drop it.
How does FitTrack Dara Smart Scale work?
The Dara bmi smart scale monitors your weight without visceral fat, subcutaneous fat, and other body composition measurements, allowing you to track them from the comfort of your own home by synchronising this data with an app or website. When you step on the Dara smart scale, electronic impulses from your body are transmitted to the fittrack pro app.
If you are familiar with the operation of other smart scales, you will have no trouble with the FitTrack; simply stand on it with bare feet and you will receive an instant reading on your mobile app. Four metal electrodes transmit a low-grade electronic signal when you are on the scale. These signals go through the body’s fluids and use the degree of resistance to calculate various measures of body composition.
Ensure that your mobile device’s Bluetooth maintains connectivity between the scale and the app when using it. When everything is complete, the app will notify you, and you can step off the scale. The entire procedure only takes a few seconds, which is rather remarkable.
- This scale uses BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) technology to measure body composition data by sending a safe low-tension electrical current through the body.
- High precision strain gauge sensors system
- Auto ON/OFF
- Product size: 304*304*22mm (L*W*D)
- Magic Hidden LED (size: 80*31mm) display with white digital display
- Weight Units: kg, lb
- Weight limit: 5kg-180kg(11lb-396lbs.)
- Graduation increments: 0.05kg/0.2lb
- Measures Body Weight, B.M.I (Body Mass Index), Body Fat, Water, Skeletal Muscle, Bone Mass, Protein, Metabolic Age and many more
- Male/Female option
- Allows up to 8 users per device
- Overload indication: “EEr”. Low batteries indication: “ Lo ” When the battery runs out, the display will show “Lo”. Please replace new batteries.
- Power supply: 4×AAA batteries.
FitTrack Pro App
If you know how to use your phone, it won’t take you long to figure out how the FitTrack app works. The app lets you choose which metrics you want to use and how often you want to track your weight and body mass index. It could be every day, every week, or every month. One of the best things about the app is that it tells you where you stand on the chat and explains each metric. So, you’ll know if you’re getting enough protein and if you need to work harder to improve your body composition measurements.
How to use FitTrack Dara Smart Scale?
Here are some steps given below on how to use your FitTrack Dara Smart Scale easily. Follow the steps for ease:
- Remove all packaging before use.
- Remove insulating strip beneath the batteries in the battery holder at the back on the scale.
- Place the scale on hard, flat ground.
- Download the app: FitTrack Pro from App Store /Google Play and open mobile Bluetooth.
- Register by providing your email address and password. Once registration is complete, you can then start adding users by entering the required data.
- Turn on Bluetooth system on your phone.
- Step on the scale with BARE feet and wait for 10-15 seconds or until all measurement is completely displayed in the app
- You can find the analysis report on Body Weight, BMI (Body Mass Index), Body Fat, Water, Protein Rate, Bone Mass, BMR, Body Age, etc.
- You can add up to 8 users by pressing on the profile icon and the “+ add members” button on the app.
- The weight and height unit can be set on the “Me” page of the app.
Step by step guide on how to change the measurement through the app:
Select “ME” button on the lower part of your app.
Select “UNIT” and it will open another page with choices for weight and height measurement unit.
- Operating environment: 0 ~ 40 ℃, ≤ 90% RH. 2. Storage environment:: -20 ℃ ~ 60 ℃
Safety Measures to be Followed While Using This FitTrack Dara Smart Scale
- Use the Scale while barefoot. The scale cannot measure body fat percentage if you’re wearing shoes or socks.
- Make sure your feet are dry before weighing yourself.
- Place the scale on a hard, flat surface during use. Using the scale on a soft surface, such as carpet or linoleum, may affect the accuracy of the scale readings.
- The Bluetooth scale should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical condition. You should consult a doctor when undertaking any diet or exercise program. If you are pregnant, pacemaker or other internal device holders, you should not rely on the data provided by this product. Please note that all the data are for reference and is not a substitute for advice from a licensed health-care professional.
- This scale is not waterproof; never immerse the scale in water. To clean the surface, use a damp cloth or a glass cleaner. Do not use soap or other chemicals.
Important Safety Precautions When Using Digital Scale
- A scale is a high precision measuring device. Never jump or stomp on the scale or disassemble. Please handle the scale carefully to avoid breakage.
- To ensure weighing accuracy, when the scale is first used, please place them on an even surface and wait at least 10 seconds before stepping on the scale. It also applies if the scale has been moved. We suggest you taking your measurements at the same time every day to ensure accuracy.
- Check the device before each use. Do not use the device if it is damaged in any way. The continuous use of a damaged unit may cause injury, improper results, or serious danger.
- If the scale malfunctions, please check the batteries. Change to new ones if needed.
- When it is not in use, please remove the batteries and place the device in a dry room and protect it against extreme moisture, heat, lint, dust and direct sunlight. Never place any heavy objects on the equipment.
- The scale contains plastic materials, if you are allergic to plastic, do not use it.
Fittrack Dara Smart Scale Performance and Accuracy
You can keep track of more than 17 different parts of your body composition with the FitTrack Dara app or any other app you’re used to, like the Google Health or Apple Health Google fit apps. The BMI scale has modes for athletes and babies, and it can measure up to 400 pounds. FitTrack can measure body fat percentage, basal metabolic rate, body water percentage, visceral fat, body mass index, bone mass, weight without fat, muscle, metabolic age, protein rate, weight control, muscle mass, standard weight, muscle rate, subcutaneous fat, and of course bodyweight.
The accuracy and consistency of this scale are, without a doubt, very good. You can step on it three or four times to show that this is true. You will find the same numbers for your weight and 17 other measurements of your body’s make-up. But you won’t get the most out of the FitTrack scale if you don’t connect it to an app that works with it. The steps to connect it to the FitTrack pro app are easy to read, which is good.
Once the app is on your iOS or Android device, you can use Bluetooth to connect to the scales. If you’d rather connect the BMI scale to a fitness app of your choice, you can do so easily by clicking a few buttons in your device’s settings.
Why You’ll Love It
Understand Your body: Dara measures 17 body metrics that go beyond just weight and pinpoint the result of your effort on getting healthier or losing fat. Make better health choices to improve your health.
Track Your Progress: Stay motivated & accountable with weekly & monthly charts. Stay motivated as you monitor your progress
Lose the Right Weight: 7/10 users lose significant fat mass in 3 months following the installation of a smart scale.
Hit Your Fitness Goals: Reach fitness goals 8x faster with science-backed workout and nutrition programs.
Keep Your Family Healthy: Dara recognizes up to 8 users automatically and comes with infant mode and pregnancy mode.
No More Endless Food Tracking: Log a whole meal by taking a simple pic of your meal and understand how your diet affects your body & Health.
Share Your Results: Export your 17 metrics to your doctor, trainer or nutritionist.
Get Actionable Programs: Tap into personalized programs powered by your 17 metrics.
What body metrics does the FitTrack Dara Smart Scale measure?
I’ve listed below all the body metrics this smart scale tracks and records in the FitTrack smartphone app:
- Weight – Accurate to +/- 300grams
- BMI (body mass index)
- BFP (body fat percentage)
- Muscle rate (percentage)
- Body water (percentage) – Maintain optimal levels of hydration every day
- Bone mass – Discover your body’s foundational composition
- BMR (basal metabolic rate)
- Protein rate
- Metabolic age
- Visceral fat index
- Subcutaneous fat
- Standard weight – Ideal weight
- Weight control – The difference between your actual and standard weight)
- Fat mass – Get a clearer picture of your overall health
- Weight without fat
- Muscle mass – Understand if you’re losing fat, gaining strength, or both
- Protein mass
The app explains how each of these rates is calculated and where applicable tracks them against the preset low, standard and high levels for someone of your profile (taking into account factors such as your age, gender and height).
Factors That Can Affect the Results of The Smart Scales
Customers like how accurate the FitTrack Dara is, but there are some things that could change the final results of your body composition. It’s important to remember that these things can’t change the outcome too much to make you worry.
The FitTrack Dara BMI smart scale sends information quickly through the water in your abdomen using an electrical signal. If you are dehydrated, the electrical signals could change. This means that if you don’t drink enough water, the electrical current will move more slowly than if you drink enough water. Impedance is the force that water puts on things. So, you should drink some water a few minutes before getting on the FitTrack Dara smart scale so it doesn’t think you have more fat than you do.
This doesn’t mean you should drink too much water, though, because the Dara smart scale is likely to show a lower percentage of body fat than muscle. So, measure a reasonable amount of body water to get an accurate percentage of body fat and make sure you stay hydrated. Before you use this product, make sure your legs and stomach are dry.
If you ate a big meal, your fat reading could be off after that. Your body fat percentage might be lower than usual, mostly because your body has more fluids than usual. Take a few minutes after eating before getting on the smart scale. This will give you the most accurate reading of your body fat index.
If you step on the scale right after a hard workout, you might not get the results you need. When you work out, the electrical signals in your body tend to move faster. This makes the scale show that your body has less fat mass. On the other hand, when you work out moderately, your lean mass is overestimated and your fat mass is underestimated.
Even though the fittrack Dara scale claims to give accurate results at any time of the day. Experts say that for more accurate results, you should step on the smart scale at the same time every day. Whether you measure yourself every day, every week, or every month, keep the same conditions. Most people like to use the FitTrack bathroom scale right after they get out of the shower in the morning.
Pros and Cons of FitTrack Dara Smart Scale
FitTrack Dara Smart Scale Reviews – Consumer Reports
“I’m in love with this scale. It not only measures your weight, it also has 17 different measurements. My favorites are the metabolic age and muscle mass. All the information is transmitted to an app on your phone, it truly is amazing!” – Amanda.
“This scale was well worth the money. It precisely measured my weight and using the app, I could calculate my bmi, my BFR, my muscle ratio, and my body water percentage really easily. This is a great way to monitor your health, because the app has a way to set reminders to weight and measure yourself and tracks your progress as you use the scale. This is very helpful and I’m going to be using it for a long time to come.” – Benen Dufresne
“I enjoy using this smart scale every morning to get my daily weigh-ins. The measurements are accurate and quick. The app is top-notch, with a clean, minimalistic interface and analytics capabilities. It allows you to set various health goals and track your measurements over time. Some of the goals include weight loss, weight gain, sleep, and heart health based on rate. Once the scale is synced up to the phone, the app collects the data instantly. Overall, it’s been very motivating to see my progress with this scale.” – Renee
Where to buy?
There is no need to worry as you can simply get the FitTrack Dara Smart Scale from the manufacturer’s website. You can get the scale from the official website of the manufacturer.
FitTrack Dara Smart Scale Price
If this review makes you want to use it to keep track of your general health, you can buy it on the official website of the manufacturer for $85. People in the US who buy this product won’t have to pay a shipping fee. But people in other countries will have to pay a small fee to get the product to their country.
If you buy two smart scales from the company, you can get 50% off the price of the second one, and if you buy three, you might get the third FitTrack for free. During the Black Friday sale period, you can get even bigger deals than this one.
The manufacturer backs the quality of the product with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Yes. We offer a no-hassle, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If you’re not 100% satisfied with FitTrack, we are happy to help you with a return. We want you to be happy!
The FitTrack Dara Smart scales say that they are the most accurate scales in their class, and since they aren’t too expensive, they don’t have to try too hard to live up to that claim. They do even better than expected, and even the more expensive models can’t keep up with them.
We have no problem fully recommending the Dara scales by FitTrack. As long as you have a healthy, non-obsessive attitude toward your health and fitness goals, the Dara scales should be a welcome addition to your arsenal of tools to help you become the best version of yourself physically.
Also, don’t forget to check about FitTrack vs Renpho – Smart Scale Comparison.
Frequently Asked Question
How accurate is the FitTrack Dara Scale?
Upon checking the website for this detail. We found out that it is +/- 3% from DEXA scan.
Is the FitTrack scale safe?
After reading very positive reviews for FitTrack Scale. We found the product to be very safe.
How do I calibrate the FitTrack?
Calibrating only takes a few seconds:
Make sure batteries still have power
Remove and reinsert the batteries
Place the scale on a hard, flat, and even surface
Quickly step on and off the scale (the scale will show 0.0 lbs/kg)
The recalibration is successful!