The BlueDriver Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone and Android is different from most car scanners because it can stay connected to your car’s OBD2 port while you drive. The device works by connecting to your phone and giving you diagnostics and real-time information.
We looked at the best OBD2 scanners and chose the BlueDriver as one of the best. Find out below what we like about the BlueDriver, how customers rate it, and what we learned while testing it.
The best thing about the BlueDriver is that it works wirelessly and is a simple plug-in device that connects to your phone so you can read error codes and get live engine data. For a device that costs just over $100, the BlueDriver is also a very good diagnostic code reader.
What is BlueDriver?
BlueDriver Pro is a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner that gets diagnostic trouble codes from the ECU (Engine Control Unit).
It’s a small device that plugs into the car’s OBD2 port, also known as the Data Link Connector (DLC).
Once it’s plugged in, it gets power from your car or truck’s battery and makes a wireless connection.
Now, you can connect your phone to a Bluetooth network and use the BlueDriver App to do what you want.
If you want to use the BlueDriver Pro OBD-II scanner, you don’t have to pay a monthly fee. You only have to pay for it once, but you can scan your car as many times as you want.
The BlueDrive adapter plugs into your car’s ECU and talks to it through the BlueDriver app. All of the things on your App’s dashboard can be done.
- Easy and quick Bluetooth connectivity
- Repairs errors by reading error codes
- App is available for iOS (Apple) and Android
- Record vehicle information with a “set it and forget it” tool
- Code readers for enhanced diagnostics such as ABS, SRS, TPMS, and airbags
- The warranty lasts for one year
What Kind of Problems Does BlueDriver Detect?
BlueDriver can read and clear your engine DTC codes, which is something no other Bluetooth OBD2 scanner can do.
With BlueDriver , you can find out about a lot of other problems with your car:
- Live Data: BlueDriver lets you check on the health of your car in real time. On the screen of your phone, you can check things like the engine’s RPM, the temperature of the coolant, the fuel economy, and more.
- Scan All Accessories: With the OBD2 scan tool, you can check things like your car’s airbags, ABS, TPMS, etc. It’s a great feature that many other cheap Bluetooth scanners don’t have.
- Check Engine Light: You can check your car’s health and get fault codes with just one tap. So now you know why the Check Engine Light or MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) comes on. You can also clear these fault codes with just one click.
- Smog Check: You can do a smog check scan to find out if your car will pass or fail the smog test. If something goes wrong, BlueDriver will tell you what went wrong. So, you can get the problem fixed before taking an emission test.
- Save Report: You can save a scan report in BlueDriver so that you can look at it again later. It helps you get out of the city, and you can fix it when you get home.
Top 5 Features Of BlueDriver Pro OBD2 Scanner
BlueDriver Pro is a small and easy-to-use OBD2 scanner that works with all cars sold in the US after 1996.
It can do a thorough check of your car’s health and let you know if it needs repairs.
1. Compact Design
You can’t take a heavy scanner with you when you’re off-roading or camping.
BlueDriver Pro is a small and convenient OBD2 scan tool that can stay plugged in while you drive.
2. Easy To Use
BlueDriver can be used to scan your car or truck without any special skills.
It’s a very simple tool for scanning cars that anyone can use without a lot of training.
All you have to do is turn on your car, plug in the scanner, and connect your phone to it through Bluetooth.
Now, use the apps’ different options to do what you need to do.
3. Wireless Connection
You don’t need a wire or an OBD2 adapter to connect to the ECU. Instead, it is built with 16 pins that connect to the DLC and ECU.
Now, you need a smartphone with the BlueDriver app on it in order to connect via Bluetooth. All vehicle health checks can be done wirelessly.
4. Android & iOS Support
The BlueDriver app works on both Android and iPhone, so it doesn’t matter which one you have.
It’s also easy to put the app on your phone. You can quickly install the app by scanning the QR code on the adapter. It also works with a lot of well-known OBD2 apps.
5. Smog Check
BlueDriver is great because it has a smog check. To pass the smog test, it helps. Before you take the Smog Test, you can scan your car.
It will tell you why the smog check didn’t pass. So, you can get it fixed and pass the smog test easily.
Pros and Cons
How Much BlueDriver Scanner Cost?
BlueDriver costs almost twice as much as some of the other popular Bluetooth OBD2 scanners. BlueDriver costs about $120, but most wireless car scanners cost less than $60.
You can buy it on Amazon, eBay, and in stores like AutoZone, O’Reilly Auto Parts, and others. But if you are looking for a cheaper option for your car without compromising on features then we would suggest FIXD. You should read FIXD vs Bluedriver to find out which one suits you better.
The BlueDriver Pro is without a doubt a popular OBD2 scanner. It’s free and has all of the health scanning features. It doesn’t have as many features as a few other scanners, but it costs less than those.
If you don’t think about how much a BlueDriver scanner costs, you can go ahead and buy one.
But I think you should get the FIXD OBD2 scanner instead of BlueDriver because it finds more than 7000 problems and costs half as much.
It comes with a free trial of FIXD Premium, which you can cancel at any time. FIXD Premium tells you how much repairs will cost and has ASE-certified mechanics on call to help you.
Overall, BlueDriver is a pricey Bluetooth car scanner that is easy to use. I hope that my review of the BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBD-II scan tool will help you decide what to do.